Terms & Conditions
- Complimentary WIFI internet and unlimited Canada/US long distance phone service upon request.
- Two ADA compliant guest rooms are available and should be reserved in advanced; please contact the hotel.
Booking & Payment Policy
- Reservations are personal to the Guest and cannot be resold or transferred without the express written permission of Arctic Char Suites Inuvik.
- All prices are quoted in Canadian Dollars and are not inclusive of taxes. Room rates are based on single and double occupancy unless otherwise noted.
- Extra adults are charged on a nightly basis according to current rates
- All reservations and registration must be guaranteed with a valid major credit card.
- A booking is considered valid upon receipt of the hotel’s confirmation email.
- We accept Visa & Mastercard . Credit cards must be signed. Cash (CAD) payment is welcomed with a signed and pre-authorized credit card.
- All guests are required to present a valid major credit card and government issued photo identification even if guests are planning on paying in cash/debit.
- Payment is required in advance or upon check-in for the estimated charges for the number of overnights.
- The Hotel reserves the right to refuse entry to the Guest until such pre-payment is received.
- $250.00 damage deposit is pre-authorized at check-in.
- There is no deposit required to make an individual room reservation. However, a major credit card is required at the time of booking to guarantee the room and secure the reservation period.
- Should the pre-payment exceed the total charges, the Hotel will refund the balance to the Guest on departure, using the same payment method.
- Special offers and term discounts are non-refundable. Bookings made on advanced purchase rates are due at time of booking.
- Arctic Char Suites Inuvik reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to release any reservation at any time without charge, penalty, loss, or damage if it believes that the guest is unfit to stay in the Hotel. Unfit can mean being drunk, disorderly, abusive, aggressive, or impolite or causing a danger to other guests, Hotel employees and contractors.
- If Arctic Char Suites fails to have a room available for a Guest whose reservation has not been cancelled or released in accordance with these Guest Terms, Arctic Char Suites will provide a room in another hotel of similar standard on the same terms and conditions for the first night of the reservation. Arctic Char Suites will provide transportation to the replacement hotel.
- Arctic Char Suites is not responsible for weather conditions, personal emergencies, or schedule changes.
- Reservations must be cancelled forty-eight (48 hours) hotel time, prior to your arrival date, to avoid a one (1) night full room cancellation fee. If reservations are cancelled less than 48 hours before the arrival date, your credit card may be charged the full room charge plus taxes. If you are staying more than one (1) night, only the first night and taxes will be charged.
- If you cancel any reservation, you must obtain and save the cancellation number for your records.
- Arctic Char Suites Inuvik only accepts cancellations made in written to “Arctic.email@example.com”.
- Failure to check in on the scheduled arrival date for a reservation guaranteed with a credit card will result in a No-Show fee being charged to your credit card. You will only be charged the first night, one (1) night’s full room rate plus taxes and the balance of the reservation will be cancelled.
- For long term bookings 14 nights or more, the first night will be charged at the time of booking as a nonrefundable deposit. If long term bookings are cancelled before 14 days of arrival, the first nights’ deposit will be withheld. If cancelled within 14 days of arrival, a cancellation fee of 10% of total invoice amount will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Special packages or rates may incur different cancellation fees, please check your reservation for details.
- Group contracts underlie different cancellation/payment policies.
- Check-in time is between 3 PM Mountain Standard Time. Please contact us if you are planning to arrive later than 10pm. We have remote-check-in procedures in place which allow for you to arrive later than our usual business hours. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure timely arrival within our regular service hours or contact us if arrival is outside of regular hours.
- If you require a later check-out, please contact us before 9 AM on the day of departure, and we will do our best to accommodate. Early and late check-ins are not guaranteed. Additional charges may apply.
- Arctic Char Suites Inuvik assumes no liability for lost, misplaced, stolen, or damaged valuables or belongings. If you discover that you have left behind something of value to you, please call us immediately (613)979-7471 and we will try to assist you in locating your lost item.
- The entire property including all decks and balconies are non-smoking. If evidence of in-room smoking is discovered, a deep cleaning fee of $450.00 will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Any guest that will be staying in the room must be registered with the manager.
- Guests must be 19 years or older to check in without a parent or legal guardian. A valid government issued photo ID must be presented at the time of check in for age verification.
- For special rates, additional ID / badge may be required
- Special Request: We will make every effort to honor special requests such as a specific floor or room number, upon your arrival. All special requests are noted on reservations and we will do our best to accommodate. However, the availability of specific rooms or items cannot be guaranteed in advance.
QUIET HOURS are between 9:00 p.m. to 8 a.m . If you become aware of a disruptive guest, please contact the manager immediately by room phone or in person. Televisions, voices, or other devices must always be kept at a respectful low level. Doors should be opened and closed quietly. No congregating or running in halls.
Arctic Char Suites Inuvik enforces a No In-Room Party Policy to ensure we can always protect the hotel and our guests. No parties, loud disturbances and/or noise-nuisance are allowed or tolerated on these premises. In the event of a disturbance, one polite request (warning) will be given to reduce the noise. If our request is not followed, the guest will be asked to leave the hotel without refund. Registered guest(s) is responsible for all persons visiting. Non-Registered visitors are only permitted until 10:00PM. If after 10pm, a room is found with more than the registered number of guests, your stay will be considered a party and you will be given time to escort your guests outside. If this is not respected, you will be ordered to leave the premises without any refund and may be charged a Guest Compensation Disturbance Fee .
- No visitors after 10:00PM. Visitors must notify Front Desk upon their arrival. Visitors must always be accompanied by the registered guest. Visitors are not allowed to use guest amenities.
- As a registered guest, you are responsible for your visitor at all times.
- Well behaved children of all ages are welcomed. Children aged 14 and under stay for free when sharing a room with one or more paying adult(s), using existing bedding. As the parents, guardians, or chaperones of children you are personally and legally responsible for and must always supervise them. For safety reasons, please do not leave children unattended in guest rooms or allow them to roam the hotel property unsupervised.
Damage and/or Theft of Hotel Property
- Hotel property is considered anything contained in your room, including but not limited to fixtures, appliances, furniture, bedding, towels, wallpaper, artwork, decoration items in rooms and common spaces, outside removable objects, restaurant supplies, cleaning supplies etc.
- You are liable for any damage howsoever caused (whether by the deliberate, negligent, or reckless act) to the room(s), hotel’s premises, or property. This also applies to any person in your party whether or not they are staying at the hotel during your stay.
- Damage to Guest room is considered waste strewn around, found complete disorder, and/or “trashed”, objects removed, furnishings or fixtures damaged. It will be subject to maintenance deep cleaning fee, administration fee and/or third-party fees.
- Furnishings/Beddings are considered damaged resulting from the use of: body oils, make-up, shoe-polish, hair dye.
- Damage to rooms & damage and/or removal of property outlined above, will be charged at 120% of full and new replacement value plus any shipping and handling charges. Any costs associated with repairs and/or replacement will be charged to the credit card of the registered guest. In extreme cases, criminal charges will be pursued.
- Damage found prior or after check-out will result in charges to the Guest for repairs or replacement of the item/property. This includes without limitations all property damage, missing or damaged items, smoking fee, cleaning fee, guest compensation, etc.
- Arctic Char Suites Inuvik reserves the right to retain a Guest credit card and/or debit card details as presented at registration and charge or debit the credit/debit card such amounts as it shall in its sole discretion deem necessary to compensate, or make good, the cost or expenses incurred or suffered by Arctic Char Suites Inuvik as a result of the aforementioned
- We will make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialist to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
We love pets, however we do not accept pets in certain rooms out of respect of future guests, who may have allergies. They can be pre-booked online or requested at check-in, subject to availability. If a pet-friendly room is booked in advance, there is no charge for bringing your pet, provided it can be considered a pet by common standards (no exotic animals).
- Not every room is a pet-friendly room. There are no pets allowed in our one or two bedroom suites.
- If unreported pets are detected in a non-pet friendly room, a cleaning fee is levied.
- 1 pet per room.
- Pets must be under 45 lbs. Pets must be house trained. Pets must always be with owners and cannot be left unattended in rooms. They must always be leashed or transported in a carrier in public areas of the hotel.
- Should it be determined that excessive disturbance or damages have taken place, the Hotel reserves the right to a pet cleaning fee up to $250.00. The Guest also acknowledges and agrees that the Cleaning Fee amount will not limit the right of the Hotel to exercise or pursue any remedy available in law or in equity for breach of this agreement, including, but not limited to, damages on appliances or finishes, furniture, or any other costs or losses resulting from the negligence of the Guest and their Pets.
Power & Internet
- Access to our Wi-Fi is free for our registered guests.
- The hotel Wi-Fi access code is subject to change without notice.
- Wi-Fi signals may vary depending on the room’s location, interference from other signals and the Territorial network.
- Arctic Char Suites Inuvik assumes no liability for guests’ internet use.
- Power/Internet outages may occur due to our Northern location and may last up to several hours.
In Case of Fire or Emergency
- Please notify the manager Desk in the event of a fire or other emergency. A map that shows emergency exits can be found on the wall beside your room door.
- During any public/environmental emergency, do follow instruction by officials and/or staff.
- For Emergencies, do not hesitate to call 911
- Changes or Modifications to the Hotel Policy / House Rules:
- Arctic Char Suites Inuvik reserves the right to amend, modify, change, cancel, vary, or add to these Hotel Policies/House Rules or the arrangements and content featured on our Hotel website at any time without prior notice.
- Please check our website regularly for updates to Hotel Policy/House Rules.
- Any modification to these Hotel Policy/House Rules that occurs before your departure is considered a part of your reservation’s agreement with us. A copy of these Hotel Policy/House Rules is located on our website and available from the manager upon request.